Dreaming of a destination Oahu wedding? Meee too. Hawaii is the ideal place to tie the knot for anybody who loves tropical weather, with its lush AF greenery and year-round warmth. So today, I’m going to give you 5 amazing locations on the island of Oahu to have your Hawaii destination wedding! It’s going to be a mix of different kinds of venues to fit any couple. I’ve included alllll the basic information you need to know about getting married at each one. At the end, pick out the ones that fit you + your babe’s vibe best! (Then reach out to me so we can plan your destination Oahu wedding together 😉 )
**disclaimer: photos are not mine – they are taken from the venue’s website, listing on the Knot, or Google.**
First up we’ve got Kualoa Ranch! This ranch is probably the venue you picture when you think of a Hawaii destination wedding. It’s a 4,000-acre area on the east shore, and super cool fun fact: it’s actually where part of Jurassic Park was filmed. Dope for a wedding location, right? It’s also got multiple different locations for ceremonies. So you’ve got options depending on what exactly you want!
- Ceremony sites: (prices range from $1,295 – $3,295 on weekdays, $1,595 – $3,895 on weekends)
- Venue is handicap accessible
- Venue requires you to hire a professional wedding coordinator
Second up are the Ho’omaluhia Botanical Gardens. These gardens are so stunning it’s unbelievable – the tropics and lush greenery of Hawaii at its finesttt. The gardens offer five sites for weddings, all green + beautiful gardens. And they each have strict guidelines to follow in order to protect and plants and flowers growing. So basically, you’ve got a venue that cares about the environment + allows you to have the most stunning wedding ever. In other words, a dream, yeah?!
- Ceremony sites:
- Foster Botanical Garden – guest capacity 50
- Lili’uokalani Botanical Garden – guest capacity 25
- Ho’omaluhia Botanical Garden – guest capacity 50
- Wahiawa Botanical Garden – guest capacity 30
- Koko Crater Botanical Garden – guest capacity 30
- Most importantly: here are a few of the permit guidelines – make sure to read them all on the website:
- Get your permit ahead of time: Permit Application Form
- Parking is limited
- Alcohol, receptions, confetti, & rice throwing are not allowed
- Physical amenities (chairs, tables, etc.) are not allowed unless allowed by your permit
- Your photographer will need a separate permit
Third, let’s look at these beautiful gardens! They’re located in Kaneohe and feature the Ko’olau Mountains in the background. There’s greenery everywhereee and it’s super charming and quiet.
- Ceremony sites: private botanical garden or open-air Tahitian chapel
- Guest capacity: 200
- Cost: packages range from $3,800 – $15,000 – certain vendor services included in top packages
Next up we’ve got a Hyatt Regency resort! If you’re looking for a stunning resort to tie the knot at on Oahu, you’ve got to consider the Hyatt Regency resort & spa. This resort is ideal for anybody who wants a big wedding! The resort can fit a large number of guests in the different areas it offers for weddings. You’ve got options whether you want an outdoor or indoor wedding!
- Ceremony site: outdoor terrace looking over the Pacific Ocean – guest capacity 120
- Reception site: three ballrooms available – guest capacity ranges from 100-450
- Special services offered:
- Audio + visual equipment
- Seating arrangements & room setup
- On-site professional catering team
- A special offer for free nights on your honeymoon
Finally, this venue is a beautiful 30-acre property on the north shore of Oahu. It features both mountain and ocean views – what more could you ask for? The ranch also hugely focuses on taking care of the environment and being sustainable in Hawaii. In short, it’s really a win-win situation all around. It’s got a multitude of locations you can choose from for your wedding ceremony. Which makes it appealing to, well, really, everyone who might want to get married here! No matter what kind of ceremony you’re looking for, this ranch has got it.
- Guest capacity: 150
- Ceremony/reception sites: wide-open lawns, pavilion, rustic indoor barn, beach
- Venue has a suggested vendor list – in other words, they’ve got you covered when it comes to finding services!
To sum up, Oahu basically has all of my dream wedding venues. And these five are some of my faves! Check out even more Oahu wedding venues here on the Knot. After that, go and book me for your Oahu wedding at my contact page! I can’t wait to plan your tropical celebration with ya 😉